Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Fifteen Minutes

Music and Lyrics by David Fowler
Arranged and performed by Echo Movement

Behind the Song

It was the worst dry spell for bud in my town that I can remember. Miraculously, my friend Pete (yes, the same Pete from No Need To Worry) called and invited me over for some bingers. Well, I got a bit too friendly with the gravity bong and was marooned on his sofa for two hours. I felt like a kid who ate ice cream too fast.

Regardless, this song is about that excited car ride to his house...that pure elation when something unexpected comes through. It was a rush so deep that it temporarily redefined my sense of moderation- just the way I wanted it.

Cool Facts
I wrote the original chorus melody while listening to country music.

The original lyrics were "fifteen minutes 'till I get real high." Steve felt it was a bit too forward, and we ultimately agreed on something more chill.

Key Phrase
"I may not see the wind...but I see what it does to the trees."

Music and Lyrics (chords over lyrics)
[horn line: Bb Eb F Bb]

Bb
My buddy just called
He said, "come on by"
I got fifteen minutes till a positive sigh
Eb
Been searching all day, but the town's been dry
Bb
He's got the gravity packed to make my third eye awry
F
Ain't got no money, but there's no need to buy
Eb Gb
My brother's got me covered on personal supply
Bb
My buddy just called
He said, "come on by"
I got fifteen minutes till a positive sigh

Bb G
Hey kids, life sucks when you got no bucks
Ebmaj7 F
No girl, no car, no job, no luck
Bb G
"When it rains, it pours," in life I learned
Ebmaj7 F
And when the sun is shining, yeah, you might get burned

Eb D
But it's not a sin to get off my knees
Eb D
Rising tides help me back to the seas
Eb D
I may not see the wind, may not see the breeze
Eb F
But I see what it does to the trees

My mind just called
He said, "come on by"
It's been fifteen minutes since a positive sigh
Been searching for a grip on a slippery slide
It's been fifteen hits and I'm alarmingly high
The gravity's kicked, I think I lost my eye
Got a cookie in my pocket and I don't know why
And so I hear horns falling from the sky
It's been fifteen minutes

1 comment:

  1. You guys are amazing. Seriously everyone on the Planet Earth should hear you and your message and
    rethink their lives.

    ReplyDelete