Monday, October 4, 2010

Daydreamer

Music by David Fowler
Arranged and performed by Echo Movement

Behind the Song

Whoever said dreaming should be left to the sleepers? Why should they get all the fun? Besides, daydreaming is a lot closer to the ever-desired lucid dream.

Cool Facts
Steve isn't singing in tongues...that's the verse played in reverse during the horn bridge.

The bassline is a vamp directly inspired by dub legend King Tubby.

The whiney keyboard should be a warm and familiar sound- it's a sine wave with portamento ("slides" the notes together) that first appeared on a legendary 80's synthesizer, the Yamaha DX7. It's been used by everyone from Dr. Dre to Sublime.

Brain scans show that areas of the brain used to solve complex problems are activated while daydreaming (ref - sciencedaily.com, read the article here).

Key Phrase
"I look as though I listen, but you never know."

Music and Lyrics (chords over lyrics)
[Bb Ab]

Daydreamer
All I do is drift away
I'm just a daydreamer
You look at me as if to say

I like to drive my body set to cruise control
I look as though I listen, but you never know
So why I say goodbye just as you say hello
I'm playing golf with aliens down in Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment